Episode 25 – ASA Mechanical Division Report
ASA Mechanical Division Director Tom Piippo reports on recent activities by the ASA Mechanical Operations Committee. This new, bi-monthly podcast for ASA members keeps you up-to-speed on important projects such as new vehicle technology now appearing in the service bays and other developments that have the potential to significantly impact ASA members and the automotive service industry at large. Listen to learn how ASA has your back in Washington and across the nation, including:
· The latest information on a project to offer feedback and recommendations for the Car Care Council to help raise consumer awareness on the need for proper air conditioning service.
· The need for Periodic Motor Vehicle Inspections and efforts to educate legislators, repairers and consumers on the value of these programs in enhancing safety on the road.
· How the MOC works with the Washington office to represent shop owner interests on Right to Repair and Data Access legislation.
· Efforts to ensure ASA member shops have access to the service information they need to service today’s and tomorrow’s vehicles.
· The need for training and information on Advanced Driver Assist Systems
· The return of CARS (Congress of Automotive Service and Repair) and how the MOC helps to select the training available at the ASA Annual Business Meeting.